Veterans and their families are invited to attend a FREE one-stop shop with VA services and a variety of community resources during the Veterans Resource Fair on Thursday, November 1st from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the PA CareerLink® Mifflin County, 6395 SR 103 North, MCIDC Plaza Bldg. 58, Lewistown, PA 17044.
The event will be hosted by the PA CareerLink® Mifflin County highlighted by several key services available on-site including:
– James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center (VAMC) – will provide FREE blood pressure screenings and flu shots for Veterans eligible for VA services (bring VA ID card)
– Family Assistant Center Specialist – PA National Guard State Family Programs – will assist Veterans and their families
– Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) of Central Pennsylvania (CPA) – will assist low income Veterans
– Mifflin County Veterans Affairs – will answer questions about benefits and/or claims
– Vet Center – will provide information about readjustment counseling available to combat Veterans
– PA CareerLink® Mifflin County – will support Veteran job seekers and family members who are looking for employment
Veterans who have never enrolled in VA healthcare are encouraged to bring a copy of their DD-214 service discharge papers and speak with an eligibility representative on-site to see if they are eligible for VA services. Veterans interested in speaking to a county service officer about filing a claim should also bring a copy of their DD-214.
For more information, contact Bob Haefner at 717-248-4942 ext. 182.