Mifflintown Mayor Roxann McGinnis was born in Waynesboro, PA “a couple of years ago,” she says.
In addition to her mayoral duties, she works as a Senior Manager in the seven central PA UPMC’s ED’s. “I am an EMT. I love people. I acquired that love from my father.” Roxann has two wonderful daughters which “have blessed (her) with five of the most amazing grandchildren.” Her husband Howdy is her rock, she says.
She attends River Church and is set to begin her third term as mayor of Mifflintown..
“Other than my time with family I enjoy my time at our camp in the area I was born. The camp is my fathers homestead. Life is good and Merf Radio brings me joy!” Awwwwwww.
We caught up with Mayor McGinnis and grilled her in this edition of “20 Questions With…”
1) What cereal takes you back to your childhood? Trix are for Kids, I voted for the rabbit
2) How many speeding tickets have you received? In my younger years I paved many potholes in PA with my fines!!!! More than one two or three but happy to say I drive like a gramma now!
3) What’s your all-time fav TV show? What about it made it special? Fresh Prince of Bel Air Will Smith, laughter is the best medicine.
4) What’s one thing you have to have the name-brand version of, no generic stuff for you? Perfume. Lancôme Est la vie Belle
5) What’s something you want to do that you’ve never done before? Treasure hunt a shipwreck
6) Tell us about the last dream you remember having. I was a teenager and the Monkees came to stay at our house for a concert in the park, my mom was doing Mickeys laundry because he spilled chocolate milk on himself. Lol
7) Which would you prefer: 95 and humid or 10 with a strong wind? 10 with strong wind sitting inside drinking hot chocolate and watching movies.
8) If you could enter a time machine, what time period would you go to? That would definitely be so I could experience being a pioneer woman, then take a ride to Woodstock!
9) You need to be saved. Which superhero do you hope comes to the rescue? Batman, always wanted to ride in the Bat-mobile
10) Put together your ideal meal. A main course, two sides and a dessert. And a beverage. Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, Creme Brûlée and Juniata Valley Red Headed Stepchild wine. Now I am hungry!
Wake up with the Merf Morning Show, weekdays 5-10, streaming on the iHeart Radio, Audacy and Merf Radio apps, on your Alexa (once you enble the Merf Radio skill) and online at MerfRadio.com.
11) What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done and would you do it again? Skydiving out of a perfectly good airplane
12) Which is scarier, being lost in the woods or lost at sea? Why? Lost at sea. I could live off the land but the sea would eat me!
13) Name a hidden talent you have. I can talk like Donald Duck
14) Has anything supernatural happened to you? Yes, I am convinced I could smell my dads cologne and heard him yell my name one day.
15) What’s your favorite smell in the world? Bacon cooking
16) If you hosted a talk show, who would be the ultimate guest? If Roberto Clemente. Billy Graham and Will Smith! Now that would be the ultimate with those three.
17) In your dating days, were you the dumper or the dumpee? Dumper
18) Pudding or jello? Pudding every time, jello is like eating Kool-Aid in solid form
19) Which food should be banned and removed from the earth? Sushi!!!! Another reason the sea would defeat me, do not like fish. I would starve
20) Who controls the remote control in the house? Me. He gets it when I wllow him to have it LOL. We have five TVs. He can go to another room!
For more stories of local interest, click here.